Restaurants should be the model organization for customer satisfaction surveys. After every meal, the waiter or waitress asks at least once or twice whether or not the food was good, so the feedback they receive can play a significant role in future meals. The problem is that the feedback is usually biased, because no one likes to tell the waiter their honest thoughts. They want to eat their meal in peace and leave, whether they liked the meal or not.
Using Customer Satisfaction Surveys in Restaurants
It may not be a traditional way to get feedback on your restaurant, but that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily a poor decision. Customer satisfaction surveys have many advantages that can help you with your business. Some of these include:
- Honest Feedback: Of course, the greatest value is that you receive honest feedback. Having a waiter ask about the quality of the meal isn’t good enough. Honest feedback – especially when it can be broken down into various parts – will help you learn much more about your business.
- Tracking Changes: How can you truly track any changes in your restaurant’s quality if you do not have a system of data collection in place to do it? Customer saisfaction surveys give you that research you need to see how things change over time.
- Customer Support: Restaurant customer satisfaction surveys also provide a type of preemptive support. Often people take gripes directly to feedback websites like Yelp when they’re unhappy. If they can vent to your survey, they may not be so upset to put a negative review on your public pages.
- Email Support: Similarly, customer satisfaction surveys for restaurants through SurveyMethods can be used to email you when you receive some type of negative survey response (or positive survey response). You can then contact those people based on their needs, to improve their score or thank them for their feedback.
- Marketing: Finally customer satisfaction surveys can also be a form of marketing. Those that fill out the survey can receive some type of coupon or item that makes them want to come back.
There is no denying the incredible value of honest feedback on your restaurant. While taste is subjective, you can still gauge what people are experiencing, and then see what you can do to improve that experience. With good feedback, you’ll be able to create one of the best restaurants in your local area, and compete with other restaurants for years to come.
SurveyMethods’ Survey Options
At SurveyMethods, we help you design restaurant satisfaction surveys using our affordable online survey software. You can choose from our customizable templates to suit your needs. Sign up today!
Click on the image to the left to view the Restaurant Customer Satisfaction Survey Template.