Designing a good survey questionnaire is one of the most important steps of the survey development process. While it may seem fairly easy to come up with a good questionnaire, there are some tips and tricks that will make your questionnaire more effective. Here we will focus on some of the key elements for designing a good questionnaire for your survey.
Key Elements for Designing Online Survey Questionnaires
- Communicate clearly the purpose of your survey, and approximately how long will it take.
- Hold respondents’ attention! Ask questions that reflect the title of your survey.
- Make sure the questionnaires for your survey are easy to understand to help you gather accurate and relevant information.
- Do not ask multi-part questions; they will overwhelm your respondents.
- Keep your questions short. Respondents are less likely to answer if your questions are too long.
- Avoid questions that are ambiguous or have hidden meanings.
- Use simple language. Avoid terms and jargon that may confuse your respondents.
- Use open-ended questions sparingly and intelligently.
- To make your survey questionnaires easy to read and understand, keep the layout simple. Avoid decorative fonts, and ensure that the questions are aligned and evenly spaced out.
With SurveyMethods, it is easy to design effective online survey questionnaires. Our survey software is affordable, user-friendly, and offers great customizable features that make designing questionnaires simple and fast. Sign up with SurveyMethods to know more about our online survey software, and easily design online surveys to get the answers you are looking for.