Customers are at the heart of every business’s success regardless of the industry. In today’s competitive business environment, achieving high customer satisfaction scores is difficult. Having said so, businesses need to make customer experience and satisfaction their top priority to improve business processes and enhance customer retention and loyalty. Online surveys are the best way to measure customer satisfaction and get to know their likes and dislikes, buying preferences, and if they are satisfied (or dissatisfied) with your company, business, and services.
6 Customer Satisfaction Survey Templates and 30 Sample Questions
In this article, we have provided 30 sample customer satisfaction survey questions and 6 ready-to-use survey templates specific to different business areas that you can use to survey your customers. While our pre-designed online survey templates can be used right away, you can always fine-tune your customer experience survey to suit your specific business needs.
1. Product Satisfaction Survey
Use this survey to know if your product meets, exceeds, or falls short of customer expectations, and the areas you need to improve on. Product satisfaction surveys are also a great way to gather feedback from your customers on what they really need, when you’re developing new products, or making improvements to existing products. Here are a few examples of customer survey questions for a product satisfaction survey:
- What version of the Acme software product do you own?
- Please rate the Acme software on how easy it is to use.
- When did you last call our technical support to resolve a problem with the Acme software product you are using?
- Overall, how satisfied are you with the Acme software?
- How likely are you to recommend the Acme software to a friend or colleague?
2. Customer Support Satisfaction Survey
Survey customers who call in for support, after they have completed an interaction with your company, or purchased a new product. For instance, you may want to ask your customers on their experience with the support representative’s product knowledge, communication, friendliness, and if their issue was resolved. Here’s a list of sample survey questions that you can ask in your customer service satisfaction survey:
- How long did you have to wait before speaking to a technical support executive?
- In thinking about your overall satisfaction with DoubleClick Technical Support, on a scale of 1-5, please rate your overall satisfaction based on the following: Product knowledge, Industry knowledge, Friendliness, and Communication
- Please provide any additional information on your tech support experience.
- Overall, how satisfied are you with the service you have received?
- How likely are you to recommend our company’s tech support service to your friends and colleagues?
3. Online Purchase Experience Survey
Soliciting customer feedback is a great way to discover their purchase experience at your online store. Gather feedback on different aspects like the registration process, shopping experience, choice of products, prices, how your website compares to others, customer buying behavior and much more. Here are a few survey question examples for an online shopping experience survey questionnaire.
- How does our website compare to other websites you do your online shopping from?
- Overall, how satisfied are you with your purchasing experience?
- Do you intend to continue shopping with us in the future?
- Please provide suggestions that would assist us in improving our website and your online experience with us.
- How likely are you to recommend our website to your friends and family?
4. Restaurant Satisfaction Survey
If you run a restaurant, you might want to survey how your restaurant is doing and what else you can do to make the experience better. Ask your guests about their experience with the food, ambiance, cleanliness, and the service at your restaurant. Use their feedback as a baseline to improve their experience. Have a look at a few sample customer satisfaction survey questions for your restaurant survey.
- When did you last visit Sea Side Grill?
- How would you rate the quality of your food?
- How would you rate the quality of service on your latest visit?
- How satisfied were you with your overall experience?
- How likely are you to recommend our restaurant to a friend or colleague?
5. Event Evaluation Survey
Event satisfaction surveys help in finding out how successful your event was so you can use that information to improve future events. Find out what your attendees really thought about your event, what they loved most, and what they did not like with these survey questions.
- How did you hear about this event?
- What did you like most about the event?
- Overall, how would you rate the event?
- Would you recommend the event to your friends or colleagues?
- What could we do more of next time?
6. Training Course Evaluation Survey
Get feedback on the effectiveness of your training programs, courses, or seminars, not just in terms of what goes on in the program, but also what is needed to improve outcomes. Below are a few examples of survey questions for a training course evaluation survey.
- Did the training meet your objectives?
- How would you rate the instructor’s training style?
- Overall, how satisfied were you with the training?
- How likely are you to recommend this training course to others?
- Do you have any suggestions or comments to improve this course?
While customer satisfaction surveys help to find out what your company is doing well and the areas you need to improve on, designing a good survey questionnaire is one of the most critical tasks. If you want to get accurate results out of your survey, make sure your customer feedback survey is constructed in such a way that respondents do not abandon your survey midway through or complete your survey casually. Here are a few best practices for a customer satisfaction survey questionnaire design.
Sign in to your SurveyMethods account or sign up for a free account to use our survey templates and start creating your surveys.